Where do you start when considering an outdoor living space?
Wednesday, March 28, 2018
We are so excited about the warmer weather, and we know you are as well. We’re day dreaming about spending time laughing and celebrating various occasions in our outdoor living spaces with family and friends; or cozying up on the couch by the outdoor fireplace… Can you see your self there?
Outdoor patio spaces can be used in many different ways, so before you go out looking for furniture ( we’ll discuss that later in the series) lets put all those ideas into one space. This is a great way to add value and extend the living space of your home and it truly is whatever you can dream up!
Here are things to consider while creating your board:
- What will I use this space for? Dining room, Kitchen, something more intimate like a living room?
- How many people would I potently have in this space at once?
- Who would I like to entertain in my space?
- Think about the mood. How do I want the space to feel?
- What features: Grill, pool, Fireplace, Fire pit, lighting, sitting walls or water features
- Do I want landscaping? Lush gardens, greenery or something that has color year round?
Once you’ve narrowed down your options above, and honed in on your goal it is time to put your design together. We highly recommend contacting a Landscape Designer/Architect or Design/Build Landscape Construction Firm to assist with this. These professionals can help link the pieces of your oasis together.
Check out the next Blog on April 11th where we will be discussing different material options.
Until next time,
Rock Creek Innovations Team